There’s no sure way to prevent schizophrenia. However, early recognition and treatment may help in getting condition under control before serious complications occur. Schizophrenia is a complex illness that may involve genes but other events of life may also play a role. Some of the precautions that can be taken to prevent schizophrenia are:
- A strong social network. Socializing helps in maintaining self-esteem, avoids loneliness and lower stress.
- Be cautious against exposure to chemicals. Avoid excess of alcohol. Avoid substance abuse.
- Healthy nutrition and plenty of exercise.
- If you have any indication or symptoms, seek professional help.
- Learn life management and stress coping skills.